any advice????
I am super lucky to have my mom flying with me or else I'd probably be a lot more scared.
Okay, don't judge me.... I bought a little back pack for Eden for the trip and it may or may not have a leash type thing that attaches...
I know what you're thinking but my child frightens me in public places.
On Sunday she walked into another wards sacrament with some random little boy and came out with a large tiger toy that I couldn't find the owner to.
She's fearless and she's FAST... like her daddy.
Don't be fooled by her calm angelic face she is trouble... in the best way possible of course.
By the way if you are looking for some serious inspiration read this interview.
This is Selina and I's shared "bestie" named Syd Young (Shared because she lived in MI with Selina and now she lives in UT with me).
She has an incredible story about her journey becoming a Mother to 5 adopted children....
I am blessed to know her, really.
5 comments:
that story about the tiger is hilarious!!! She is too cute. Where are you flying to?
The best advice I can give you is to make sure you have the car seat with you as you go to the gate. As soon as you get to the there, ask the lady at the desk to see if she can place you in a row with an empty seat. That way, you can use the car seat. If that isn't possible, just check the carseat with an attendant before you get on the plane and they'll load it in the back for you.
At least with Lucy, when she's in a car seat, she knows she's traveling and wont try to roam around. On one leg of a flight we took, we were unable to be moved to an aisle with an empty seat...let me just tell you that it was miserable! Trying to keep her contained was nearly impossible!
Good luck! I'm sure she'll do just great!
My advice: (assuming she is on your lap)
Use a front carrier to hold her on your lap but leaving your hands free.
Buy a thermos sippy, total life safer if she is picky about her drink temp.
Gate check your stroller, it will make it easier to get to connecting flights on time.
With bad weather ahead, pack a carry-on to the brim with diapers, wipes, and an extra set of clothes. Only keep a couple at your feet for when you need to change her.
I was stranded at an airport for 8 hours,in December, alone with Raedin at 8 months. This was my first time flying with a baby alone, it was no where near family, and my supplies were running low. A sweet man gave me his seat on the last flight they were letting leave, otherwise I would have been staying the night in Chicago International.
Best thing to do is have a back up plan just in case: extra baby supplies, some cash (not a lot), and if you have room a small pillow and blanket for her. Check out public transport, hotels, and grocery stores nearby. You never know what can happen!
Good luck!
ah this is the greatest pic of Eden!! Where are you flying to? Have fun!
I go to the $1 store and get a few new toys/coloring books whatever she likes and ONLY let her play with them on the plane...also fruit snacks and candy work great~ :)
Post a Comment