1. Gas drops
2. Baby leg lifts to help her work out her gas. (She has a lot of gas)
3. Getting sleep for more than 4 hours.
4. Bouncy chairs.
5. My snap and go.
6. Breast pads (what did pioneer women do?)
7. Edens smile! Yes, she is smiling now. Pictures to come:)
Eden is almost 6 weeks old. She is interacting so much more now. She reacts and looks around at everything. I feel more love for her everyday. She is my little buddy, my little sugar.
Being a Mommy is the biggest adjustment I have ever made. I remember thinking about how hard everyone said it will be. Diapers and feeding and rocking... I can do that, I thought. But trying to do anything when you are sleep deprived is a whole other story. I am glad that my body is adjusting, I am glad I don't cry every day anymore (only the first two weeks). It is an emotional and hormonal roller coaster. I love my "new job" I feel purpose, I feel satisfaction, and I feel needed... everything I have ever wanted in a job!
I know I was always meant to do this.
17 comments:
sure sounds like the best job ever!!
I LOVE that picture!
What a sweet post. It's still so crazy to me that you have a baby! I completely adore the name btw. Also, I wonder about what pioneer women did about sooo many things.
Sophie, you are so awesome. What a beautiful little girl!
As for #1. After trying Colic Calm (coliccalm.com) for Rajko's very bad gas issues, I would never ever go back to Mylicon. If Eden suffers from gas and gastric distress, I would highly highly recommend you try Colic Calm. It's the same price as Mylicon brand drops.
If you do get it, I'd recommend using a little dropper instead of the provided syringe or the pacifier option. We are the Colic Calm capitol :)
so cute! I'm sure you're an amazing mommy!
well that is just the sweetest thing. knowing that you feel all those ways makes me feel less scared about being a mommy. you are so beautiful inside and out. and i called you back monday.
I'm so glad your loving it. Your little girl always looks so sweet! I want to hold her!!!!
Its so funny that you would mention the pioneer women not having nursing pads... I have thought about that SO many times! They must have had a lot of embarassing wet spots!
Sounds like you're doing awesome! It really is a bigger adjustment than anyone can imagine. But you are definitely over the worst! And the gas thing gets so much better soon. It seems like you spend all your energy trying to figure that out, then one day around 6 or 7 weeks, they just snap out of it.
oh man I understand this post! Nothing is more fun and rewarding but nothing has been harder! the sleep deprived thing is the worst; I wouldn't even realize that I was so tired until I looked down and saw that I was putting orange juice in his bottle and dish soap in the clothes washer. I thought I was going crazy but then I realized I was just exhausted!
Sophie you are the best mommy in the world!!! U are ment to have lots more babies for Aunti Andrea to come babysit for :)! I can't wait to see Eden sense I am finally feeling better... lets just hope I don't get sick again. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Ur the all around type of mom multi talented and beautiful!
You are the best mommy in the world. Eden is so so so lucky. I love you so much. U are the best all around mommy,multi tasker, with so many talents, caring, sweet, creative, beautiful. You need to have lots more little babies so I can come over and babysit! I am so happy to finally be feeling better so I can come play with my gorgeous niece EDEN. LOVE YOU
This is the sweetest time with a new baby...there is nothing like being needed like that....and every phase has its ups and downs...so just enjoy loving that little one-while she's too young to push u away! haha-true story! ur the best mommy soph! great job! it is the best job isn't it though?!
you are an inspiration! seriously!
Isn't the gas thing tough. Kinzi totally has that issue. Porter didn't at all which is strange because he sure does now. TMI but I wish they sold gas drops by the gallon. It would make it so I didn't have to go to the store once a week to buy them. It will get easier somedays, but enjoy her. They sure do grow fast. Mine is 6 months next week.
Hey you two! We haven't talked to you in forever, but just wanted to tell you Congrats on your beautiful little Eden. She's sooo cute!! Hope everything's well with you guys!
Love all of these latest posts. Eden has great taste in music, she smiles so cute, and I feel the same way about being a mom as you do. It exhausting and hard and worth every minute.
Post a Comment