April and May were full of rainy days (And an occasional tornado warning here and there). One day we had enough of being inside so we went outside in the humid pouring rain and played. I can't even express how obsessed my kids are with water. It is a leading cause of timeouts. Water is played with, hoses are turned on and carpets are soaked all the time with out permission. They love it and are drawn to it like moth to flame. Playing in the rain was all the thrill and all the shenanigans with out getting in trouble.
I really enjoyed all the rainy weather. I liked the grey skies, huge clouds, loud thunder and especially the lightening. We read the book "dinosaur thunder" and my kids referenced it a lot when they had moments when they felt a bit scared.
Now, we'll be getting ready for pool days and a hot hot summer.





No comments:
Post a Comment