Friday, March 26, 2010

Inspiring...

Cory, Eden and Heather.
You would never guess by their great smiles that these two lost their baby girl at 24 weeks this year. This is Heather and Cory Payne my neighbors and friends. I am so inspired by them and how they have pulled through such an incredible trial. Heather was told that she cannot have anymore children but is still optimistic that one day they will have another child through adoption or if her can body heal more fully.
It is people like this, that I see pushing through trials with faith, who are my heroes. Seriously, have you ever been amazed with the regular people around you? When I get to know people I am surprised to discover a tragedy that they have endured... raising 3 kids alone, loosing a mother in high school, loosing a father in middle school, suffering from severe depression, or having a hysterectomy at age 25. These are people I know, in my life right now and from their happy outward appearance you would never know the pain they have suffered.
The atonement of Christ is tangible.
The light he offers can heal.
Seeing his light in the lives of my friends is nothing short of witnessing a miracle.
Eden loved the Paynes. She was their little buddy and was so happy to be held by them.
I think she and their baby girl were friends in heaven. Eden was a comfort to Heather and I can't ever be able to explain why.
This Saturday they are moving to Las Vegas:(
They will be missed.
Who are the Heroes in your life?

4 comments:

abby said...

oh, i had no idea. i feel so sad right now. heather is such a wonderful person. all my love to them!

Miss Mary said...

That is such a nice story Soph! I know what you mean--there are so many ordinary people who live their life with such grace and faith. It is so inspiring to see that!

Hope you are doing well these days! :)

Kight Family said...

This was such a neat blog. I too am amazed at the people around me and all I can think is "I hope I can learn from their faith and strength in the church."

We are surrounded by angels!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness. I had no idea. Thank you for posting this. I need to call Heather.

Also, from the day I met you I've always been touched by the spirit you share with everyone around you. Thanks for your shining testimony!