Monday, March 30, 2009

Accomplishment

Accomplishment: To Hike Angels Landing
Difficulty Level: Strenuous
Hike Length: 5 Miles
Set Backs: Fear of heights

We climbed this ridge all the way to the top.

The Girls: Mindy, Me and Amy

Kissing my love at the top!


I love the view here... This valley was created by a glacier.

This was the path we took. At least 2/3rds of the hike was spent scaling the walls of a cliff.

This hike was so much fun. I remember looking at the ridge and thinking "I can't do this" then I became a real woman and decided that I could. It was scary and my stomach dropped a few times but it was completely worth it. Everyone in the group was so awesome too. No one complained when the pregnant one was slow.

18 comments:

KILEY said...

Sophie, you are much braver than I. I made it to the last part right before the huge ridge with drop-offs on both sides. Then I stopped and waited for everyone else. I was soooo scared!

grant + brittany said...

you are so courageous. and you are a supermodel.

was last night like.. way fun or what? i loved it!

Chocolate Princess said...

That is awesome!!! Hiking when you're preggers... man your putting all the superstar moms to shame... I'm talking Beckham and Jolie... they don't stand a chance against my girl!
Ps... thanks for setting up my blog!!! I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

amazing!! the hike. the trip. and you are so brave! it was fabulous!!

Phill and Tiffany said...

I am so jealous, that looks like so much fun. Way to go:)

Rachel U said...

what a fun looking hike! love hikes! and you look so cute! thanks for commenting on my blog rant haha! and yes you can set me up!

Brett and Lex said...

YAY! Good job! When Brett and I hiked it some old man was behind us and we kept having to go faster so he wouldn't pass us. I am also TERRIFIED of heights! Quite the accomplishment! :)

Sophia said...

It was when I saw some 5o year old hiking the path when I realized maybe I shouldn't be such a baby. Same story.

Brian and Ashley said...

You are my inspiration! That is awesome congrats! The view looks amazing! Where is the hike at?

Sophia said...

Its at ZIONS NATIONAL PARK.

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!! You did that pregnant?! You're freakin amazing, you should be in a book or something! That is beautiful and you are brave! I would love to do that one day.

KILEY said...

To download that photo software just google 'photoscape'and it should come up with the free download. Let me know if that doesn't work!

Nichole said...

Soph! I didn't know you where having a baby! Me too! We do need to do lunch and catch up!

Skylar and Lauren said...

Yay for you! That looks like a lot of fun-i love doing stuff like that! How are u feeling though beautiful...??? I need to know about any fun cravings or prego things please! love u bunches and bunches!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow Sophie, that is amazing you did that while pregnant! By the way you don't even look pregnant yet, you are soooo cute!!!

If you can believe it I actually hiked angels landing during the winter in the snow (when I was at BYU). That was back when I was crazy! Don't worry I would never do that now!

Rebekah said...

so impressive soph...especially pregnant! you go girl! :)
love, Rebekah

The Waltz's said...

Oh! I'm so jealous...it looks beautiful! Go Woman, hear YOU ROAR! I'm proud your staying so active during your pregnancy...trust me, you can do it! Plus it keeps it more fun the whole way through-and you bounce back easier that way too. Just don't hurt yourself!!!! And be careful when you get bigger and more wobbly! Can't wait to meet little you guys ;)

Kim Edwards said...

How cool is that! I want to climb it!