Saturday, February 6, 2016

Provo city center temple open house


I was able to be inside the temple with my family today & it was so special! This building was burned and almost totally destroyed several years ago & it was rebuilt and restored to be a temple of God. The building was a tabernacle used by the church and the community and Brent worked next door to it at time it burned down. He could see the fire from his window. The symbol of being burnt down and then restored to a higher purpose is so powerful to me. Christ will restore all things and heal all wounds. His power is real and has changed my life. I asked Eden what she felt when she was inside and she said, "Peace". Peace is the everlasting gift of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
As I walked through I could feel Gods love. Edens happiness and peace was evident and I loved seeing her joy. She especially loved the biggest sealing room.
Bensons calm reverence was so tender to watch. He knew he was somewhere special. He stopped when we were in the celestial room staring intently at the chandelier. I asked what he saw and he just kept looking pointing his finger around and around. 
As we left we passed a large stained glass picture. It was Jesus Christ among the sheep but holding and rescuing one. I took each child and said that the sheep Jesus is holding is you. He will hold you and help you. It was a very special day and I can't wait to be in the temple again with my family. 

Eden I hope you can love the temple and go back a lot...
"We can pretend our house is a temple?"

What do you feel? Eden- "peace"

What did you think? Benson- "I wiked it" 




No comments: