The kiddos and I
I just searched Pinterest for"How to keep your cool with a strong willed child"
And
"How to not go crazy as a mom"
Can you believe there were no search results for that?! There aren't any books, pep talks or motherly advice that could prepare me for this lovely adventure of motherhood. I'm exhausted. Emotionally more than physically, but physically too. I've been trying to potty train one very stubborn boy (If he poops in the toilet before he's 5 I'll be singing halelujia). And dealing with the sweetest then, like "whoa!", sassiest five year old ever. Who loves to just outright ignore me when I'm taking to her. I say "please stop that" ten times in a nice voice before I want to SCREAM. ...and sometimes I do. I have really delightful kids who are occasionally super stubborn and challenge me. Like most three and five year olds. The problem is I'm so spent that it's hard to try to keep it together. Brent has been gone more than half of the last six months. I'm alone. There is no tag team happening here, just me. Going crazy. Now if I could just get tickets to the some kind of seminar or conference for moms. Like a weekend getaway where I could feel rejuvenated and listen to motivating speakers who would teach me things like how to handle that 4th tantrum at bedime and come out feeling all zen and peaceful. What is that you say? Such a seminar doesn't exsist? I'm going to go cry in my pillow now and pray that I can have enough patience clarity and wisdom to make it through tomorrow. One day at a time will do for now.
Making snacks:
Grahm cracker, straw, pantless adventures:










No comments:
Post a Comment