Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grammy's garden

This is my beautiful Grandmother.  She is an amazing woman.  Grammy is a convert and she sacrificed a lot to be a member of the LDS church.  I'm grateful for her testimony and her strength.  She is one of the most loving and thoughtful people I have ever known... yes, I love her so!  Eden loved meeting her and of course entertained Grammy with her dancing and dare devil "I'm going to sit as dangerously close to the edge of this chair as possible" antics.
She now lives in a retirement home and in 30 days her home will be sold...
I am totally a sentimental person. I love her house and all the memories there,  I love the smell of her house, and the toys that have been in the toy closet since I was Eden's age.

I will miss her back yard...


My favorite climbing tree...

and her garden...






I just want you to imagine that it's 2:00 in the morning and Selina and I are are 10 and 12 and we are army crawling through the living room to get to this fridge. With the stealth of a hawk we carefully take the Tupperware of homemade ice cream out of the freezer and begin to take mouse like bites so that "no one will notice"...
We were homemade ice cream junkies and this happened a lot at Grammy's.

good times.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

bwahahahahahahah! the good ole days!

~selina

Giselle Rasheta said...

Wow, what a special thing to share. Thanks Soph. There's a possibility that Noah and I could be moving into my Grandparents' house soon, and it's fun to be able to hold onto memories like that and share them with Rajko.

What a beautiful grandmother, with a beautiful gift for her posterity. How strong she must have been to convert to to the church. Beautiful woman, beautiful story, beautiful garden.

Miss Mary said...

What a lovely post Soph! How awesome to have these memories recorded here :)