I got hooked up and checked... I was at a 2 plus.... so I guess the contractions were doing something after all. One hour later I was at a 3 plus. The contractions were really uncomfortable at this point. The nurse comes in and says that they were going to check me in and get me my epidural. Hold on, what? I am having this baby tonight?!
I was happy to learn that getting an epidural was not as scary as I thought. My epidural was in at 3 am and I continued to dilate through the night but I couldn't sleep. I was too excited to meet my baby.
At 8 the nurse came in and told me I was 9 centimeters. Eden's head was not in the right position so we spent about an hour trying to turn her. She finally turned and I began pushing around 9:30. I guess durring the turning something tore. I didn't know how bad it was but I guess I was "gushing" blood. I lost a lot of blood and my midwife decided to call in the doctor. They were going to try to suction her out with the vaccum and if that didn't work go to a C-section. I didn't think I would neeed a doctor so I hadn't taken the time to meet any of them.
My midwife said, "Dr. Young should be here soon." I said, "Oh, Dave?"
My sisters best friend Syd (her blog is on my blog roll) just moved from Michigan to Utah. I adore her and her sweet family. Her husband Dave recently began working at the office with the midwives where I have been going. What a releif it was to have someone I know and trust to deliver my baby!
I had been pushing and she was close so we tried the vaccum first. A few pushes later she was out. I was so happy and overjoyed. They placed her on me and I wondered how on earth she fit in me (even though I was huge).
After a minute her wieght was too much on my chest so I handed her to Brent and promptly threw up... and threw up ... and threw up. I felt aweful. I was moved to recovery where I was given a blood trasfusion the following day. I never thought I would need two nurses just to pee but I did. After the transfusion I immediatly noticed feeling better.
We had many visitors and everyone in Brent and I's families who live in Utah were at the hospital.
Laboring, dialating, getting the epidural and pushing were SO much less scary than I thought. The recovery was worse than I thought though just because of the blood loss. I got home thinking I would have all this energy to take care of her and I didn't. From the hormone loss to the fatigue I pretty much bawled every day the first week.
I am happy to say that every day has gotten better. I am feeling much more like myself and more capable.
Being a mommy has been a lot of praying... let her be safe, let her sleep well, help her poop, bless her gas will come out and she wont be uncomfortable, give me patience, bless me with energy, help me be a good mommy.
So there it is, sorry I have been MIA but I am sure you understand...
Well it looks like someone is awake now and she is in need of my boobs....
-Sophie
10 comments:
1st: I am so glad that everything turned out okay!
2nd: I hope HF doesn't think it's weird that we pray that she'll sleep a little longer, help her digestion issues, etc. Story of my life.
3rd: You and your boobs look fabulous!
You are so cute. ;)
Glad to hear things have gotten better!
Wow what a story. I'm glad you were okay. It's amazing how the whole experience can take you by surprise! Way to go Sophie!
before i comment on your birth story, i have to tell you I just LOL's over "she is in need of my boobs"...it was just so surprising and unexpected:)...i loved it! Anyways, I cant believe what you went through!! i am so glad that you are doing better now, and i hope your recovery continues to go well. i hope you have some help with you!
love, Rebekah
She is a doll and you look so amazing!! Lets really get together soon so I can see her in person!
I totally got emotional at the being a mommy party (all the prayers that seem so silly but you really mean it from the bottom of your heart). Yeah, sounds like me too-you're not alone. I am so excited to meet her! And Parker says hi!
What a story! I so glad everything turned out alright! Rachel and I sure miss you! Oh ya! Congrats!
Oh Soph! Ur a rock star as usual woman! Glad that ur safe and feeling better-and just for the record-I'm pretty sure EVERYONE bawls at least once a day for the first week-you've been through so many emotions and so much physically it's gotta get out some way!
I love you! You are amazing and will be a fabulous mommy in every sense of the word. I didn't know you were using a midwife??? But I guess I never asked.
Oh my goodness! I am so glad to hear your story and hear that you are okay! What a blessing that you had a doctor that you personally knew like that. I am so happy for you Soph!
Post a Comment