Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sleeping ...

I just adore her cute profile

Since Eden was born she likes to make noises in her sleep. She grunts, clears her throat, makes wheezing sounds, hums/sighs and then will all of a sudden be sleeping silently.


Eden has very expressive hands, they are always open (think "jazz hands"). When she is dead asleep I will look over at her and her arms are straight out with fingers spread like a mummy. Her arms often can wake her up too, she forgets they belong to her and they startle her. It's kind of funny. Needless to say, when we want her to stay asleep we are sure to swaddle her up tight.

Eden has lungs, she can be pretty loud when she wants to be. She has several different cries and I am slowly learning what they mean. She recently started this new cry when she is exhausted and wanting to sleep but fighting it. It is very high and girly almost like she is singing.

Eden really likes music. So far her favorite bands are Dave Matthews, Jimmy Eat World, Jack Johnson, Imogen Heap and Ben Harper. Music helps put her to sleep. She has such good taste already.

I am in love...
still not sleeping, but in love:)

10 comments:

Brett and Lex said...

These are such cute pictures! She is a little angel!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was so hoping you would post more pictures and news. She is adorable. And she does have amazing taste in music already. :)
Hope you are doing well!!! Love you

Miss Mary said...

Aww, what a cutie pie!

Meriel Frandsen said...

Precious pictures, precious girl!

Unknown said...

3 words...she's absolutely beautiful!

Richard and Katy said...

oh...my...gosh! I need to meet this cute girl! I can't get over how beautiful she is!

Nichole Burdett said...

Skyler loves music too! Eden is adorable! How are you doing?

Skylar and Lauren said...

aww.what a sweet angel girl..she's so precious and you are already a fabulous mom! good job soph! (ps-I loved chatting with u-as usual!!!)

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love her. Enjoy the swaddling while it lasts. I was sad when Rajko didn't want to be swaddled anymore...

The Waltz's said...

Lol, to the 'still not sleeping, but in love' part. I don't think you ever sleep again after having kids. Fortunately, our bodies are incredibly adaptable! Eden is beautiful. I'm aching for Kimbree to get here...literally and figuratively. I'm in trouble if i'm in this much pain and just STARTING the 3rd trimester. I'm so excited to meet your sweet little girl. She is getting fuller and rounder looking, I can't wait to hug her!