Yesterday was a hard day.
Today may be hard too considering that I didn't sleep again due to the lovely "pregnancy rash" that has developed on my hands and feet. It itches like HE.. (you know)
My husband is out of town for a WEEK in North Carolina for his sisters wedding. I wish I was there.
I may bawl every night he is gone.
If you want to hang out with me, Call Me... I promise I won't cry.
There are other elements too.
Ones that I can't control.
Ones that won't take peace as much as I want to give it.
So, I must move forward and faithfully seek my own.
It is hard to find peace when there are things all around that take away from it.
So I must find the rock of peace that never fails.
No matter how little sleep I've had or how misjudged I feel.
My savior offers it to me.
His peace is the ultimate comfort to me.
Yesterday I was praying for comfort and peace.
When I got home from work I found a note from my sister Andrea. (A person who knows how bad an itch can be)
She also left me a bottle of this...
I was immediately so happy. Then of course started to cry.But they were happy tears. Tears of feeling loved.
I took a nice long "shower cry" after that. (If this sounds familiar to you then you know what it is.)
Then Brent came home with these...

And this...
And the second I saw this card I could see the playful and joyful love that I share with my sweet husband everyday. The words inside were just as sweet. More tears.

Tears that confirmed my heavenly fathers love for me because of the love of others at the exact moment I needed them. Angels in the form of people who love me.
It took a minute but my peace has been restored. All will be well. I am watched over by the Lord and he "gets" me.
11 comments:
Tears are so good for the soul. I like to think of them as expereinces freely going through me--not holding on too tightly to any one thing, instead being present and dealing with things as they come. It is beautiful to think of all those experiences that you do not have to carry inside your heart, but instead can be set free out into the world, not to burden you or fill up precious space inside of you. I wish I lived near you--I would love to hang out with you! And you are totally right--the Lord TOTALLY gets you and will make all your burdens light, lovely lady!
this was so beautiful, sophie. and i get you too. i have those days. in fact, today is one of them. thanks for the sunshine.
(by the way, i can't believe that nursery. disgustingly cute. you have talent.)
oh you are just a sweet sweetie. i'm so sorry about the itch- UGH i hate itching :( i love that you had a shower cry though. i feel better after those.i love your relationship with the lord, it is beautiful.
jake is out of town this weekend too! i hate it. let me know if you get lonely :)
I just love you miss soph. I could use some peace today :)
im so sorry! that last part of my pregnancy was very emotional too! BUt your husband has sure been sweet, Im so happy you are with that guy!! & great job on your nursery!
love, Rebekah
ahh, beautiful sophina! U are so amazing woman! You are supposed to cry when u are pregnant, it's all of those hormones, just let it flow girly! and hopefully its mostly happy tears, cause I don't want u to be sad! U can call me anytime. I would love to chat-especially before u get that baby and have a lot less time for it! by the way-cute shop!
Thanks for sharing that Sophie! You're one of the sweetest people I've met. I'm glad that you were being watched over and felt love!
we are all seeking peace, some can't identify that peace is what they seek...but it is necessary for each to find his own. thank you for sharing these thoughts with us, a beautiful reminder that our Savior is watching over and he knows us more personally than we recognize.
Soph, at your next DR's appt tell them about your itch and they should do a blood test just in case... that what i had with Owen... they told me it was normal but I got to have him early :)
good luck with everything and keep us updated!!
Post a Comment