With sincere thought and a minor melt down I realized that something that was missing...
I wasn't listening to music, I wasn't dancing, I wasn't singing, I wasn't decorating, I wasn't doing anything that normally puts a smile on my face. I was just working and coming home, forgetting all the things I planned on doing when I got home. Just watching TV or doing something else equally meaningless.
The Solution to my problem: CREATE
"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.
You might say, “I’m not the creative type. When I sing, I’m always half a tone above or below the note. I cannot draw a line without a ruler. And the only practical use for my homemade bread is as a paperweight or as a doorstop.”
If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination.
But to what end were we created? We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fulness of joy. Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things.
What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.
If you still feel incapable of creating, start small. Try to see how many smiles you can create, write a letter of appreciation, learn a new skill, identify a space and beautify it.
The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, trust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you."
Happiness, Your Heritage : President Dieter F. UchtdorfI have an urge to create, to make life better, to grow individually, to share and love. So, I have made some goals.
1. Take dance once a week (at least)
2. Decorate my Bedroom
3. Go to the Craft store to get inspired
4. Go outside more
5. LAUGH more
6. Appreciate Gods creations more
7. Sew something (what's easy..Pillows?)
8. BE inspired more (spiritually and creatively)
9. Be a light to others
10. Create more smiles
7 comments:
thanks for posting this...i have been feeling the same lately as school and work has started again! but reading this again was uplifting!
I love this post. It is so true. I sometimes get into that rut and realize I have stopped doing the things that make me happy! Thanks for the inspiring post.
I can totally relate. I always thought that once I had a baby, I would always have something to keep me busy, and that would take up my time enough to feel fullfilled. I've been telling Ryan lately that I need a hobby...it's so true that we all need to create and do things that make us feel like individuals and bring us happiness.
ahh! Sophina! I loved this talk too...I actually remember feeling like He was speaking directly to me-u too i suppose! Anywho, thanks for reminding us all of the importance of creating in our lives...ps-how r u doing???
sophie, you're my idol! haha one night you should try scrapbooking. i love it so much. i made JD a scrapbook for Christmas and i'm just going to add to it as our lives go on. I freakin love and miss you.
it was fun to see you guys friday. hopefully brent's meet went ok! I am still thinking about that dance class...
Thanks so much for posting this! Seriosuly I have been feeling the same way. As soon as i read this i felt the same way why am I not doing the things that make me happy! I have had such a better week because of this! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment