Sunday, November 30, 2008

Winter Wonderland!

The Frozen Waterfall
Brent and I went to Manti for the Thanksgiving and it was a BLAST!! We had so much fun. We got there on Thanksgiving and stayed through Saturday. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious, and Ashley made my FAVORITE homemade apple pie. If you love apple pie, this pie is seriously to die for!
On Saturday Arnie, Frank and Troy had gotten tree tags and everyone was going up with them to cut down Christmas trees. We all went, even little baby Aaron all bundled up. Our car could only go so far up the mountain so halfway there we jumped in the back of the truck bed. So there are 7 of us in the back of the truck and the further up the mountain we go the more snow is on the ground. We were getting closer to our destination when we got to one slippery turn. Arnie, who was driving, starts to burn rubber. We are only mildly freaked out at this point. Then he reverses and the truck begins to slide as we are heading toward a ledge! NOW WERE REALLY FREAKING OUT! Then all of us, with surprising speed, jump out of the still moving truck. We move to higher ground and all bust out laughing.
When we finally got up to the forest Brent heard a waterfall and started running in that direction. We all follow, of course. Once we got to the waterfall we saw that it was mostly frozen over... So sweet looking! We then started running through the woods like little kids (with the kids). I turned to Brent and I said "guess what song is in my head?...Winter Wonderland!" and he said I have"It's the most wonderful time of the year"stuck in mine. Our personal soundtracks were pretty similar.

This is OLIVIA, I told her to look TOUGH carrying the big power saw and right as I take the picture she slips in a patch of ice... DANGER! We also have Elise, Troy, Frank and AJ.
Two of the four trees that were Chopped. Frank, Arnie, AJ, Mom, Ashley, Elise, Troy, and Olivia.
If you have never been tree tipping let me tell you YOU ARE MISSING OUT! It is so fun! I had never heard of it, but you go into the woods and find dead trees and you can actually knock them over. This was probably Brent's favorite part UNTIL....
Anyone that knows Brent knows that he is a joker. He is always kidding around SO when he was trying to push a tree over and a branch came down on his head and he fell over into the snow I immediately thought he was kidding. I laughed at him and even took a funny picture of his little charade. Little did I know, he actually blacked out and had a huge bump on his head. He was so out of it. But come on, in my defense look at the picture Does that not look like a smirk on his face??
When he finally gets up he says he feels sick and wants to go back to the car. So we headed back to the car BUT not before he found another tree to tip in his delirium. Like I said he loved tree tipping despite the injury.

Mitchell and his friends Justin and Devon.

Brent and I on top of the Frozen Waterfall.

The house was really full so we decided to put two mattresses in Mitch's room and have a sleep over. I mostly remember Brent and Mitch passing gas.. (boys never change) and Elise and Olivia laughing all night about... hmm I don't think they even know what.

7 comments:

Sundquist Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm a bit jealous.

Tasha said...

What fun pictures! Growing up there was a place by my house that froze like that and it was so fun to play there so your pictures totally reminded me of that.

Anonymous said...

That waterfall is awesome and I can't believe he blacked out and you thought it was a joke. It's like the boy who cried wolf, so I think it's 100% his fault :)

Brit n' Ryan said...

Looks like you guys had quite the adventure this Thanksgiving weekend! Good to hear you had a great holiday!

Alli said...

it's soo good to hear from you! i love all your pictures. i of course had to go through all of them! you are gorgeous as always. i'm so glad we can keep in tough with each other's lives!

Michelle Show said...

I had no idea you had a blog...so cute! You are hilarious, I love all your commentary.

You will have to show me how to do cool backgrounds when I'm home in a few weeks. Can't wait to see you!

KILEY said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! That frozen waterfall is amazing!