Wednesday, September 9, 2015

School kids




Eden's first day of kindergarten was easy breezy. She woke up quickly and put on her outfit (the one she picked out a month ago). She requested "curly hair" so I had her sleep in curlers.  She put on her sparkly pink backpack and we were out the door.  I took her to classroom door and she was happy as can be. She said "bye mom" and walked right into her class without even looking back. She said "Hi Mrs. Horn" and sat down at her desk. This little girl was ready for school! 




This guy!!!! The night before pre-school we kept finding Benson asleep in the hallway. We had gone to an open house a few days earlier and his teacher Ms. Lynda, gave him confetti to put under his pillow the night before pre-school to help him sleep well. Every time we found him in the hall he had brought his pillow with bit of confetti underneath.  He popped awake that morning and said, "Is it time for Scwoo!?" He got dressed and ate breakfast and got his backpack on and said, "I'm all set!" He walked right into class and found the table with trains and cars. I said, "Okay buddy, I'm leaving now"... he gave me a kiss and said, "Bye, Mom". He didn't even turn around or watch me go. 

I thought I would shed tears seeing my babies go off to school, but I didn't. It was time. They were ready and I was ready. It has been a smooth transition and the time away makes me love my time with them even more. I love the structure it brings to our day and I also love having some free time. I like picking them up and asking them about their day. I have so many great school memories and I hope that Benson and Eden do too.

No comments: