Friday, December 6, 2013

May 2013: Welcome to Texas













We lived on post in a duplex type house for about two months whole we looked for a home. The neighborhood and backyard was great. The lack of cell phone reception and the vast linoleum floors were not so great. We were surrounded by boxes and most the time had no idea where stuff was. I remember the first night we slept there and realizing that we were "for reals" in the army. They sound off a trumpet that plays a different tune for the different times/activities of the day and it can be heard all over. I love the trumpet. I know, that's weird, huh? It makes me feel like I'm a part of something though. Everyone everywhere hears it and I just like the oneness it makes me feel with the fellow military families. Being in the Army is much harder than we expected... But we felt from the beginning that we would be here because of God's will. Even though it is a sacrifice it is worth it. 
We still hear the trumpet even though we live off-post now, although most days I am so used to it that I don't notice it. We also have the chance to hear helicopters fly over us multiple times a day... to Benson's delight. He calls them "Copters". Every time he hears one he runs to the window saying "Copter" or "Copter Benni!"(because that's what we say to him). 

No comments: