Friday, June 17, 2011

faith

Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen. Faith is the glue that holds my life together.  This intangible immeasurable thing means EVERYTHING to me.
Love is the same way.  Unseen but vital to human life and growth.
Isn't that amazing?
Something we can't see or touch can be a present force in our lives for good.
I think there is wisdom in the fact that faith is intangible, great wisdom.

A few nights ago Eden woke up with a terrible rash. Like the worst one she has ever had. She was uncomfortable and crying the entire time I was changing her diaper at 1:30 AM.  She was being brave and letting me change her and I could tell it was really hurting her.
I laid her in her crib but she was still frantic, anxious and in pain.
I told Eden we were going to pray. Not thinking she would stop crying to fold her arms I asked her anyway.
She stopped crying and folded her tiny arms.
I prayed that she would be comforted and be able to sleep but I knew it didn't matter what I said. I could feel Gods love for Eden. I knew she was showing faith and that God would bless her.  Even if she was just having  faith in my faith or remembering that prayers are peaceful happy moments with mommy and daddy, she listened. I couldn't have been more proud of her.
Faith is powerful and real and I felt it that night.
God loves his children so much. There is no problem too small or too big...
He is there.

Doggie, Blankie, and Binkie are Eden's favorite snuggle items... She calls all of them "KEEE" or "GEEE"
I love it.

6 comments:

abby said...

that is such a sweet story and reminder. thanks for sharing, sophie.

Amy said...

This is beautiful. Bless you and your little, growing family.

xoxo
Amy

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

What a great example of faith and I love picturing little Eden folding her arms and not crying for the prayer. I've been thinking how I need to be better at teaching Preston about folding his arms and bowing his head for prayers and this is another reminder of how important it is to teach him that even at his young age.

Miss Mary said...

Soph, I LOVE this. So precious and beautiful :)

Laura-Lu said...

What a sweetie. Loved that. I hope I can teach Ethan to have that kind of faith.

Unknown said...

i freaking love you