Monday, June 14, 2010

It's all going to be okay...Remember?

As I look back on my life I see God's hand guiding, me helping me, and at some moments, carrying me.  I see how he placed certain people on my path to help inch me along my way.
I see how trials were presented so he could show me that I was stronger than I thought I was. 

I see how tragedies were brushed on to my life's canvas with such grief and pain and how, through my Savior, they have created the most beautiful and treasured piece of artwork that I own.
I hope to one day understand how such an astonishing miracle could take place.
So now, when I find myself aching for relief I already know where that relief will come from.

He guided my life then and He is guiding my life now.... It is just so much harder to see when you are in the moment.
I hate that.

I wish I could bottle up all o those Ah ha Moments where I felt such resolve, peace and assurance and give myself a dose of it "As Needed"

Wouldn't that be nice?
I think so...

Ether 12:4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with asurety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

I love you. I believe in you. Keep going.
~Heavenly Father

7 comments:

Miss Mary said...

This is such a beautiful post Soph. And you are such a strong woman of faith. I am inspired by your attitude and faith all the time!

Kiley said...

Thank you for saying that. It is exactly what I needed to hear. You know when you are selfish about your feelings, like you are the only one who has felt this frustration? So not true. Thanks for the reminder.

Traci said...

Beautifully written!

Carrie said...

Thank- you daughter of mine. I needed that. It can be so hard to see clearly and beleive anything good can come of pain. I heard someone recently say " Trials are an opportunity for some one on one time with our Savior" I like that, but I don't like trials.

Mindy said...

Great post Sophie, I definitely needed to read something uplifting. (:

Nichole Burdett said...

You are amazing Soph! Thank you, I needed to hear that too!

Skylar and Lauren said...

wow-u are amazing! I LOVE YOU LADY!