Thursday, April 29, 2010

I made it myself.

With some of our tax return money I invested in a Brother sewing machine! 90 dollars at Walmart. Just what I have been wanting!


(Weeks later) I get over my fear of following instructions and FINALLY decide to make something... Not just embellish, like usual, but MAKE something from "scratch".

I got the lovely pattern and idea from Abby's Blog.


Two days ago I walked into my house with two large canvas boards that I got for 2.5o each at Michaels. (They have a buy one get one free sale)

I proceed to explain to my husband my inspiration and what I'm going to do with them.

He lovingly looks at me then tells me that he has never met anyone with so many HOBBIES.

I love it.


8 comments:

Miss Mary said...

That is so beautiful Soph! Wow, like really really awesome! You have always been such a great artist!

Traci said...

I LOVE that tree idea! It is so cute! You can make me one!

Unknown said...

love the embelishment you added! i can't wait to see what you do with the canvas!

jessandbryce said...

soph you TOTALLY inspire me! be my decorater? lol k love you bye!

Skylar and Lauren said...

u definitely are a busy lady always working on some kind of crafty project! So talented! is there anything u can't do?? really, be honest! I didn't think so. Miss u!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

you have amazed me once again...and don't be surprised if i copy you! cause you are so inspiring!! this would be the perfect thing i have been looking for to put above the bed in the guest room! so cute!

abby said...

i love the dress, sophie! and i can tell you did the straps right, unlike me. :) nice!!

Whitney Booth said...

The dress is super cute! Good job! I can't wait to see what you do with your canvas! Soph, you are so creative, I love all of your ideas!