Monday, December 21, 2009

Risen with healing in His wings.

I love that line from Hark the Herald Angels Sing. "Light and life to all he brings, risen with healing in his wings!" I feel so much joy in the gospel and in my knowledge of the Savior. I just want to smile thinking about it. We are healed from our pains and forgiven from our sins because of His sacrifice. How could I have made it through without him?

Truth is, I couldn't.

I will need Him and love Him all my days.


This month has been a great one so far. This last Wednesday Brent's brother Mike went into the Missionary training Center. He is going to be serving a two year mission in Hong Kong China and learning to speak Cantonese.


I was so uplifted and impressed with his farewell talk. He is only 19 and has so much insight. He spoke about trials and that no matter what we will always have them. Despite that we must always look forward with faith and carry on. He shared how some of the trials he faced will help him to be a better missionary. Things will always get better and if we use the Lord we can grow from our hardships. He also spoke of his journey to gain his personal testimony and that even though his parents have a firm knowledge of the gospel that he needed to gain the knowledge of God, his Savior and the Book of Mormon for himself.

I could not be happier for Mike!


On Saturday we went to temple square. I think I pick the coldest day to go every year. It was so fun though despite the cold. Eden just slept and stayed bundled. We ate yummy soup and sandwiches at the Nauvoo Cafe. Temple Square looks so magical with all the Christmas lights.





We went to a Christmas Party at Amy and Ryans. We played a lot of fun games including this hat game. It was very clever.



Eden is talking more. We have our own little conversations. I love it.






5 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

She is such a sweetie. So cute!

grant + brittany said...

love that last picture of eden. thanks for your text and come get a flower whenever you please.... you look hot in mustard yellow.

Syd said...

I am seriously going to eat her up. Um, she might end up with a little brown playmate. CALL ME!! - I'll try to call you a little later today.
Hugs

Unknown said...

are you sure i can't eat her? she looks so sweet and delicious!

Dallas and Krista said...

Love her love her love her.

And you too of course :)