Today is such a MONDAY ...
Tired
Grumpy
Wish I was home in bed...
I ESPECIALLY wish I was home in bed on this particular Monday!
I haven't slept well the past two nights. Due to, what I am now realizing is a "peeing problem".
YES, I have a problem.
I have realized that I am a pee extremist.
You see, not too long ago, I would NOT be able to watch a movie, sleep, read a book, eat or relax at all unless I had peed. Even if there was only a little, I HAD to pee.
Since I got pregnant all I hear about is how much you will need "go" during the pregnancy. I was tired of my life being ruled by having to pee all the time!
So...
I changed my mind.
I decided that pregnancy was only going to make my peeing problem worse, so I chose to control it. I was not going to let pee rule my life and ruin my sleep... NO WAY!
This leads us to today....the last two nights I have woken up having to pee. No way, you're tired... just go back to sleep, I told myself.
I went back into an uncomfortable, restless, irritated sleep.
You know when you are SO tired that you think you make sense when you DON'T?
EXAMPLE: You are sleep talking and you wake up your spouse... they know you were sleep talking but you try to convince them that you knew EXACTLY what you were saying and that you were really conscious the whole time.
OR
You are really hot and all you need to do is get out of bed and turn up the AC, but instead you deliriously and uncomfortably endure it all night.
So here I am on this LOVELY Monday morning feeling exhausted and irritated and I did it ALL to MYSELF!!
LESSON LEARNED, in the light of logical day!
When you have to go, just go, and then go back to enjoying a more comfortable slumber.
The end.
11 comments:
TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! I tried to muscle through one day. I didn't let myself go every 15 minutes like my body would have prefered, and I GAVE MYSELF A BLADDER INFECTION trying to hold it in...AHHH! I guess it's really true, we are not the one's in control of our bodies...when we eat, pee, sleep, rest...
When I was 8 months pregnant with Ashlynn she kicked me so hard in the bladder one time that I actually peed my pants, ha ha. Lesson learned...body not really mine right now. ;)
sophie, you are HILARIOUS. i love this post.
i hope all is well and that you can recover with a nice nap or early bed time tonight. :)
xoxo
Oh my, night time illogical decision making. The story of my life!
Is it sad that I have to get up at night to pee like that and I am not pregnant? Maybe I need to do some bladder training ha ha
I do the same thing! In the grand scheme of things it is simple to just get up and pee...why do we fight it? Ridiculous!
Hahaha! You're so funny and so right! I have to tell you, the first night after having Lucy, that was the thing I totally noticed...I didnt wake up once to use the bathroom! Dont worry, you've got only about 7 more weeks and it will all be worth it! (But then you wont sleep anyways because she'll be wanting to eat all the time!)
Soph, you are HILLARIOUS!! Seriously!! I am so that way, if Dave and I talk too long in bed, I have to get up and pee again, even if I just did, before I can go to sleep. Buggin!! Oh, and I bought your baby the cutest outfit this weekend!! :) Let me know when the new date is for the shower, Selina told me it was postponed. Lets PLAY....
Yes, definitely just get up and get it over with!! By the end of my pregnancy i think I went about 3times each night...such a nightmare, i hated it! So much do i hate having to pee, that i was actually kinda bummed when the nurses said it was time to take my cathidere (sp.??) out about 2 days after I gave birth to BRady...it was so nice not having that feeling of needing to go all the time...this comment might be TMI, but yeah, sorry:)
love, Rebekah
So funny. Seriously...
I really didn't pee that often when I was pregnant. However, as soon as I had the baby, I started peeing like crazy (several times at night) as my body was trying to rid itself of all the water I had retained! Now, I drink like mad to keep up my milk supply, so again, I pee all the time.
Hopefully your pee-controlled days will end when your beautiful little bundle arrives!
you know what sucks? i am not pregnant and that is the story of my life, if i pee, get in bed and read for too long i have to get up , pee AGAIN, read a little more and then i can sleep, not to mention the 4am potty break... every morning pee wakes me up like an alarm clock.... damn my tiny blatter!
Oh Sophie, that is so funny! I can TOTALLY relate!
You are sweet, there is a reason I am standing in the back. Anyway, my address is
7939 Ruby Valley Drive
Eagle Mountain, UT 84005
Post a Comment