Saturday, August 30, 2008

San Jose to Danville to Santa Ana to Utah!!

So we are back in Utah.. So long San Jose! Our time there was fun but we are really glad to be back... This California girl never thought she'd say that but it's true!
On our last Sunday in San Jose we drove up to Danville to visit our dear friends, Dan and Linda. They hosted us for dinner and it was a wonderful time. This family means the world to me and it was so wonderful to talk and spend the afternoon with them. Besides being family friends I have known since I was 7 they are much more...
After my parents separated I was working in California saving money to go to school in Utah. My Mother was single at the time and we were living off food stamps it was a really difficult part of my life. I prayed about where I should go to school and how I could make that goal of mine happen. I saved but it wasn't enough, I had made enough for only one semester out there. In that month before I was supposed to move to Utah everything was going wrong I didn't know how I could accomplish this and my faith was dwindling. Then I got a call from Krista Reeve saying her parents wanted to help me. Then this family stepped in and graciously paid for the majority of my education, something I couldn't do on my own. I will forever love this dear family and the impact they have had on my life. They were a answer to my prayer. It was so clear when I got that phone call that God was and is aware of me and loves me, a part of my heart will always belong to the Reeves.
When we went down to Santa Ana we visited Brent's older brother Matt and his family. We spent time with his wife Alisa, Daughters Sierra and Kaitlin, and new son Holden. It was so nice to spend time with this great family. I had to capture this shot...The girls wanted Uncle Brent to sit by them (he is a little squished. Ha Ha)
This is a picture of my cousin Carrissa. She is 12 and she dances, so obviously when we went to mission viejo lake we had to take some sweet pics. She is getting so good and has only been dancing for a year.
(Brent, my other cousin Ben and Carrissa in a sweet action shot.) We spent the afternoon at this little beach with my Aunt Anne, Grammy, my little cousin Sophie and my cousin Josh. Brent and I had fun playing like children in the water with Ben and Carrissa.
After the lake we met up with my Uncle David and Aunt Jenny and their kids Ian and Emma. Emma had a swim meet. If you have never been to a children's swim meet they are awesome and crazy. Tons of little people in the water and when they race they are so cute and sometimes swim crooked. My Grammy is in this picture and she Is a very important part of this trip. We stayed at her place and as always was a wonderful host. We played the game of Life and she made an unbelievable come back and killed Brant and I. Whenever Brent goes to her house he does word searches with her, he loves them, it's so funny. It was so good to see her, she is my favorite lady, and totally the best grandmother.

13 comments:

jessandbryce said...

I loved your post! It looks like you had so much fun!

Dallas and Krista said...

We love you too dearest friend. I am so happy to have been raised by such generous parents- what a wonderful example they have been to me in that respect. I am glad that we were keeping in such good touch at that time, so that the whole thing worked out so beautifully. We need to be better about that again- but i think we are getting a little better these days!!! Love to you always!

Rebekah said...

Well welcome back! I myself barely got back myself. that was the sweetest story you shared about your answer to prayer...and it also led you to your eternal companion...perfect! ~Rebekah

Anonymous said...

I love the beach pics :)

Syd said...

PS that girl on your 'i got tagged' blog kinda looks like me i did like a double take then i noticed her tattoos my white T your vest some low lights... can you see it...

Syd said...

actually that wasn't Syd it was me your beautiful and talented sister selina... i just love using her MAC

Syd said...

What, are you saying I'M not beautiful and talented Selina, thanks a lot....(It's Syd now)!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

How fun! Wow am I jealous that you're headed back to Utah. It's an amazing place, right? Well, think of me when you're basking in the beauty of that place. Hope things are going well....talk to you soon!

grant + brittany said...

I found you! I loved this post. You are so amazing. I just want you to know that I really feel that the worst feeling in the world is seeing someone else's wedding dress and liking it better than your own. And that is how yours makes me feel. the end.

Thorntons said...

Hey Brent this is Brittany (Maughan) Thornton. I just randomly found your blog. It is good to see you it has been forever! I hope your doing good! Your wife is cute! You look cute together!

crystalyn and rob said...

how is your knee soph??? we miss you guys. your blog is darling! keep in touch

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I love these pictures. You guys all get so high off the ground it looks like your floating! I MISS YOU!!!! Keep the pics coming. I'd love to see some of your cute house. How's the decorating going? I'll try to post my house soon. I got a bunch of new stuff on there though. Your in my slide show!

Richard and Katy said...

I was bored one day and made it with photoshop...It's not finished but I got frustrated and gave up :)

You need to update your blog...I wanna know how you guys are doing! I miss you!