Monday, April 21, 2008

Brents 23rd B-day!!


On the 18th brent turned 23!! He woke up for work and found a clue on the bathroom mirror... I sent him all over the house on a scavenger hunt to find his birthday presents. When he got off work I made his favorite food.. Breakfast. Then brent, mom and I went to the Utah Blaze game. This was my first time watching arena football and it was sweet! We told brent that we would make him a cake and sing to him when his dad came in town the following weekend. It was a great day... Little did he know...

I had been ploting for the last week to thow him a surprise birthday party. We set it for the day after his actual B-day. We posted an event online and hoped he wouldn't see it. We even stole his phone and text everyone in it telling them to call me or his sister back. We went about the day. His mom was even making cookies and getting the food together and he didn't notice. We made plans to go to my friends wedding reception that night. I told him I only wanted to stay an hour.. he thought that was a little weird but still didn't notice. Then on the way home he started getting text messages from random people. I had to think fast so I told him andrea, who has the same phone as he does, probably got it confused and sent out messages. It was a close call. When we got back to the house it was



perfect. Everyone had parked down the street. When he walked down to the basement where everyone was he was so surprised! He had no idea it was for him, it was so hard to keep it a secret but so worth it! That night we watched the Jazz game and played some serious Sing Star.. If you haven't played you have to try it.

The party was a success, and I lost my voice singing my guts out.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

That was so fun..I am glad we got to come!!
And your wedding pictures are sooo beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you pulled that off with all the phone calls. You are sneaky :)